Saturday, February 3, 2018

GO ARMY!!

Hello beautiful Want2Scrap friends!! 
I have brought out a bit of my patriotic side today. I come from a military family. So, with my daughter and nephew currently serving in our great country's military, I decided to do an army themed greeting card. I myself am a Navy veteran, but I won't hold that against the youngsters...lol.


I started with a craft colored 5" x 5" card. I cut and distressed the edges of slightly smaller pieces of designer paper in a camouflage and map print. I glued these papers one on top of the other. Coffee dyed lace and trims were used to add dimension and flare.


Want2Scrap Swirls - Black Rhinestones were used as a pleasing accent to the Army chipboard word, that is painted black and sealed using two coats of Mod Podge. The chipboard was glued to its final location using dimensionals.


I accented a small vintage tag from my personal stash using Want2Scrap Sleek Strips 12" - Rhinestones Iridescent. The vintage tag is tucked behind the Army chipboard word. The back side of it is blank to add a special note for my soldier.


I finished by adding Sleek Strips 12" - Rhinestones Iridescent below the Army Chipboard word, on top of some of the trim. I hope you enjoyed this little piece of patriotic heaven.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!


Want2Scrap Items used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover