Monday, February 20, 2017

I Heart Dogs Card!

Susie here today with a CAS (Clean And Simple) card I created for a dog lover - or maybe a new dog owner!

I started by stamping and heat embossing the sentiment in black ink.  Then I added a wash of blue to create a bit of a background.

I love Want2Scrap chipboard!  I often use it just bare naked because I love that look, but there are so many ways to dress it up!  Today I decided to use embossing powder.  I chose one of the elements from the card sized Houses by Nina Brackett pack.

I wanted to make the house 2-toned, so I masked off the roof part with a piece of paper and inked the bottom half.  I added embossing powder and applied heat to set.

Then I reversed it and masked off the bottom and embossed the roof using a different color.  Such a cute little house, right?

But not cute enough!  I stamped a tiny little sentiment on the roof and heat embossed it.  It turned out really cool as it kind of melted into the previous heat embossing but still kept a little dimension.  Next I dug a tiny little wooden dog chippie out of my stash and heat embossed him in black.

I adhered them to the front of the card and then decided to snazz up the roof line with a bit of bling from the Sleek Strip Rhinestones in black...

...and added a few bits of washi tape - voila!

Be sure to stop by Want2Scrap and check out the store for all the new designs of chipboard that we have added!

 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Supplies for I Heart Dogs Card:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover