Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas Blooms with Bling!

Susie here today with another mixed media canvas that is blooming with Want2Scrap bling!


I created the background on my mini canvas using Violet and Ultramarine Blue Color Bursts pigment powder.  I started by misting the canvas with water then I tapped out a tiny bit of each powder.   As the color started to develop I tilted the canvas back and forth.  I also used a wet paintbrush to move the water color around a little bit.  I even had fun with my heat gun, blowing the color around a bit more before finally drying the canvas.

I used an adhesive alpha to add the word "bloom".

Using a baby wipe, I gently patted the area over and around the letter stickers, removing a layer of color.

When I peeled the letters off, the darker original color reveals the word.

Next I applied purple ink through the Mosaic stencil from Rebecca Baer Designs.

Love the result!!  Now it is ready  for some pictures and embellishments!

As I was working on this canvas, I found that I used way too much water and Color Burst color!  I used a paper towel to wipe the excess up off of my craft mat and quite frankly I decided all of that gorgeous color was to good to waste!

I cut out lots of flowers so I could layer them together and then added an 8mm Orange Rhinestone in the center!

The final touch is a small piece of the Fancy That Bling Border!

Materials for Bloom Mixed Media Mini - Canvas with bling:

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover