Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fun, Fall project and a simple tutorial!


Can you smell it? Fall is in the air. I am enjoying the beautiful colors all around us as I visit soccer fields all over the Northeast, lol! I am taking a fun class by Christy Tomlinson called Pumpkins & Cider. If you have not had the chance to take a class by her now it the time, she inspired me to create this fall canvas! Thanks Christy! Adding a little Want2Scrap bling added the perfect detail!


This is a larger canvas than I usually do, a full 12x12. I loved having the extra space to play with.


I added a ton of texture to this using tissue paper, paint, masks, light modeling paste and lots of layers of rub-ons.


I also added lots of bling and some fun silhouettes.

I found a cute basket at the Target Dollar Spot. I dressed it up for fall, but the great thing about this is I can change it every season. Here is a little tutorial on how I altered the tags to hang on the basket.


I started out with these  Manilla Tags from Want2Scrap. I then sprayed them with some fall colored spray ink.



Allow them a little drying time and used ink to color the Alphabet.


Now just embellish as needed and attach the tags to your basket with mini clothes pins.


Hopefully you are now inspired to do some fall creating for yourself!


Want2Scrap Products:

Cross Promotional Partners:

Other Products:
Paper - Junkitz
Tissue Paper - Michaels
Paint - Liquitex
Rub-ons - K & Company, Basic Grey, Die Cuts with a View
Leaves - Prima Marketing
Inks - Tattered Angels, Fiber Scraps
Stamps - Christy Tomlinson for Unity Stamps
Ink - Tsukineko (Staz On)
Light Modeling Paste - Liquitex
Mask - Crafter's Workshop

2 comments:

  1. very cool canvas Mimi- love this! never tried making one- you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pumpkin canvas. it's awesome! Your tags are cute too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover