Thursday, March 1, 2012

Want2Scrap Flower Tutorial - Art Journal

I am new to the art journaling world, but loving it none the less. I have been so inspired by working with the super talented Christy Tomlinson. She has inspired me to try something new, and an art journal is just that. The world of mixed media is so huge that you can't help but have fun and get messy! I decided to add a ton of fun Want2Scrap goodies to this set of pages!

Digging my fingers into paint and inks can be so therapeutic. I have got to tell you how much I am loving our cross promotional paints from Eco Green Crafts.


To create this fantastic flower I first prepared my background. I then held the clear backing over the page where I wanted to place my flower and with pencil just lightly drew the shape.


 I  painted in my sketched design.


After the design dried I used a pen and loosely outlined the shapes. I then added the fantastic Pearl Flower.


Here is another view...


Look at these fun Chipboard Embellishments - Style D. They look great embellished with the Light Green Rhinestones - 72 Count.



I hope your now inspired to dig into your own paints...happy crafting!


Want2Scrap Products:

Cross Promotional Products:

Other Products:
Pattern Paper- Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, My Minds Eye, Lily Bee Designs, Websters Pages
Paint- Liquitex, Eco Green Crafts
Spray Ink- Tattered Angels
Ink- Ranger, Tsukineko Inc.
Trim, Toole- Glitz
Tissue Tape- Tim Holtz for Advantus
Rub-ons- Jenni Bowlin, Hambly
Stamps- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection
Paper Flower- Prima Ink.
Pen- Scarlet Lime
Plastic Flower- K & Company

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover