Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to make a Want2Scrap-fabulous headband!


Have you been over to visit the Ribbon department at Want2Scrap lately?  Oh my stars, but it is bursting at the seams with new gorgeous product including......*drumroll*....rose ribbon!


Will you just LOOK at the amazing array of colors and sizes in my last order?  I adore these romantic and elegant fabric roses and while I am looking forward to adding them to my papercrafting projects I truly couldn't resist trying my hand at a homemade fashion accessory using a simple headband and the Larger Purple Rose 3" from Want2Scrap.


The three inch size makes quite an impact and a single blossom fills the palm of my hand.  Above you can see the "backside" of the rose on the left (which is quite pretty sewn to coordinating mesh fabric) and on the right is the "topside".  I love the variegated shades throughout the rose...no two look the same.


I gathered up an inexpensive plastic headband, one full and one half piece of the Larger Purple Rose 3" plus a gorgeous Ribbon Slides - Circle from Want2Scrap (have you seen THESE?!, oh be sure to check check all the different shapes of ribbon slides), a piece of black maribou craft feather boa and a small black and white striped ribbon scrap.


I used my go to multi-media embellishment glue, Fabri-tac from Beacon Adhesives.  Love this stuff!  Once you have your pieces gathered, just layer them onto the flower using Fabri-tac.


I gathered the half rose piece so that the ends touched and made a smaller looped flower to top the maribou feathers and then the final layer of the striped ribbon and ribbon slide topped off the piece.


Once the rose has been layered, I applied a generous line of Fabri-tac to the headband itself.


I was able to negotiate a live model for my project for the price of....what else?....
one Want2Scrap-fabulous headband!


This headband was a cinch to put together and would make a great gift too!


I adore the dimension the fabric rose provides to the project while still being lightweight, elegant and fun to combine with bits and pieces of craft items to make one of a kind accessories! 


From the bottom side, you can see that the rose ensemble doesn't interfere with the teeth on the headband.  I can't wait to make more of these and I also think my girls would love making their own!


She likes it!  She really really likes it!  ...and I'm pretty sure I was making it for her anyway *wink*!

So what do you think?  Are you ready to try making your own accessories with Want2Scrap fabric flowers? I would love to see what you come up with!


Want2Scrap™ Materials Used:

Cross Promotional Product Used:

Additional Product Used:
Ribbon
maribou feather boa
plastic headband

4 comments:

  1. this is so adorable! I love how easy you make it look! My 7 year old daughter would LOVE this! A good craft to try out over the holiday break! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, need to get me some of that! Fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana do you take orders, my little one would look so amazing in one of your creative headbands, love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover