Sunday, April 17, 2011

Taking bling to a new level for Mom

There is no question Want2Scrap has brought bling to a whole new level with the recent pairing of Nestabling and Spellbinders dies.  Today, I am going to take our bling line to a whole new level, literally, by going UP.....see that flower center above?  It's not your dear granny's diamond earring, nope, it's not!  Although, I was inspired by some vintage jewelry pieces when constructing this bling-y centerpiece.
Want2Scrap's self adhesive bling sticks to so many surfaces...including itself!  I started building my centerpiece right on the transparency sheet the silver bling came packaged on.
Using the package liner sheet, I built my bling centerpiece with two stacked large bling and seven medium sized bling.  I also die cut, painted and distressed a piece of chipboard to serve as my centerpiece backer.  The finished piece fits nicely into the crepe streamer flower I made.

Great dimension and 3-D effect right?  Much prettier than a piece of dimensional foam peeking out from the center I think.

All that was left was to adhere my hand-crafted flower to my card that also showcases Want2Scrap baby bling and Nestabling petite scalloped circle small in lavendar pearl! A little something special for Mom is born!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Bling from Want 2 Scrap:


6 comments:

  1. Dana, another beautiful card, love the details and your creativity for the center of the flower, I must say Prima has othing on you girl friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOW!!! This is just gorgeous and I just adore how you layered the bling! Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever and so beautiful! A girl has gotta love bling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I love your card and layering the bling is a fantastic idea!! Very clever and it does give it the look of a vintage style earring. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure, GLITTERED up, multi faceted FABULOUSNESS! What a brilliant way to bling up a flower, not to mention your layers and layers of blingy gorgeousness on this outstanding card - TRULY a piece of artwork! I could get lost in the blingy layers, for DAYS! It's a FESTIVAL -o- BLING!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover