Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nestabling in action!

Hey everyone! I hope you have been just as thrilled as we are about the all new Nestablings!! I tell ya, I've been a long time fan of Nestabilities and when I found out there was going to be coordinating bling patterns, I was over the moon with excitement!! I already have a nice little collection of Nestabilities of my own, so when I got my shipment of bling I got to play right away.


I used the Nestabling that coordinates with the Spellbinder's Labels One dies and made my card using 3 of the dies. I used the largest die as my card and the 2nd largest as my mat. The bling coordinated perfectly with my 2nd layer, so I just placed it perfectly on top...easy peasy! I also used a portion of the Black Finesse Swirls as an accent on my top panel.

And before I go, I wanted to show you quickly how those lovely chipboard swirls that I used on the Cupcake album cover look when you buy them and how I quickly changed their appearance with a quick coat of acrylic paint.

Just use a foam brush and the acrylic color of your choosing and coat!! To distress, you can always take a file and distress the edges for a pretty aged look. :) I also like to cover with glitter!


Soooo excited about the possibilities here and I'm off to play some more! Hope you are able to get your hands on some soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure THIS card was why Nestabling was INVENTED! {!} Seriously, Melissa! What a FANTASTIC way to showcase the potential of these gorgeous gems! This card is sure to make MOM feel like a million bucks! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover