Friday, March 18, 2011

Blinged, Altered Tin

I altered the prettiest little tin that is perfect to hold some yummy chocolates, or you could even make a set of little circle cards using your Spellbinders Dies and fit them right inside.  The cards were my original idea for the inside, but the chocolates won me over.  Several months ago my hubby brought home a couple of these tins from work and asked if I could do something with them.   They had little cookies inside of them.  I have had plans to turn them into something for a while now.  There are so many options for the tins.  You can find all sorts of tins and boxes to alter at your local craft store.

I used a bunch of different Want 2 Scrap bling for this little tin.  I first I started off with a Chipboard piece and painted it white.  Then I aged the edges a little with some distress ink and used a little glue and pretty glitter.  Topped it off with more White Pearls and glued it to the top of the tin along with a pretty seam binding bow with a button adorned with another white pearl.

I know the first picture here is blurry.  I realized my finger turned the settings on my camera, only after I loaded them up.  By then I had already finished the tin and couldn't go back.  Hope you don't mind.  You can tell what I had here.


For the sides of the tin I cut strips of my patterned paper and added the pretty Finesse Swirls wrapping from the front to the back of the tin.  Don't ya just love all the pretty bling?  I sure do.  Nothing says feminine like a lot of bling and pretty seam binding.


The Finesse Swirls reached all the way around the tin on both sides.

See all the yummy chocolates that are spilling out the side?  Don't worry.  I ate them...I wasn't going to let them go to waste.  What girl doesn't like Dark Chocolate?  I sure do.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

5 comments:

  1. This is `Beautiful` Heather..love the chipboard!TFS
    Have a lovely weekend:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Heather, love your color choice and especially the Finesse Swirls...love it. Great use of BLING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Heather! I love that chipboard accent and the way yu wrapped the bling all the way aorund your tin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Ma'am, do YOU know how to bling it UP, or WHAT!!! I love this project! I adore the way you customized that accent - *gasp!* This is a piece worthy of the mantel! I love it! Thanks for the TERRIFIC inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, your altered tin is beautiful!! I love the soft colors! I love how you altered the piece of chipboard with the paint, ink, glitter and pearls!! Love the Finesse Swirls edging the tin--so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover